Located on the third floor of an 1890's brick warehouse, Global Breath Studio offers a unique urban chic environment. Large windows allow the light to illuminate the beautiful pine floors, and the various wood, glass, metal and concrete textures of the space.
Meticulously renovated by Bart, the studio incorporates many reclaimed and sustainable materials. Movable birch walls allow multiple configurations for the space, creating a large yoga studio, an open kitchen, and multiple seating areas. You are invited to hang around before, during or after class to have some coffee or tea, to work on your laptop (there is free WiFi), or to enjoy one of our many books.
Our small shop offers bracelets, jewelry and purses made by the women & men of Matopeni, eco-friendly yoga mats and props, handmade soaps, yoga clothing designed and created by local couturier Mindy Reaves, Burt's Bees gift sets, and pottery by Nina Be. Visit our merch page to order our products on-line.
Please go to our contact page for more information about location & parking.
If you join us to practice yoga, please take note of the following:
- Please leave your shoes & your worries at the door.
- Your items can be kept safely in the lobby of the studio.
- There is a restroom, and a place to change clothes.
- We offer filtered water, coffee and tea. You are welcome to leave a donation for coffee or tea. Soon we will also start offering food & snacks.
- The studio has yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, sand bags, straps, blocks and eye bags that you are welcome to use. If you use a studio mat, we ask that you clean it after class (cleaning supplies provided).
Renting Global Breath Studio
Global Breath Studio is a community space, designed to invite creative expression. If the space seems suitable to organize your own event or class, please let us know. The space can be rented by the hour, for an evening, a half day or a full day. Weddings, classes, parties, workshops, corporate meetings, retreats... The studio has a full kitchen, tables & chairs, sofas, surround sound, and some of the most amazing views in Durham. It can hold about 25 yoga mats (if you are doing a class or workshop), or about 100 people (if you are doing an event).
Please fill out the form below if you would like to find out more about our rates and options.